January 15, 2013

Quick Update - 1/15

So my weekend didn't go nearly as well as planned. 

Saturday I had no motivation - fed the horses and left.

Sunday I fed all the horses since K was gone for the evening. By the time I was done feeding everyone I was exhausted and headed home. I figured a HOT bubble bath sounded amazing with being sore. Well after I had soaked in my bubble bath a good hour, I got up and proceeded to wipe out in the shower. Landing on my already sore arm, hitting my head and bruising everything possible.

Last night I was sore so I was a terrible horse owner and didn't clean stalls. K had plans last night so she didn't do hers either. Lucky for me mine were really not that messy so I don't feel TOO bad. I fed and groomed Echo - she was a bit annoyed since she was super super interested in her hay. I was going to put a saddle on her and lunge, but by the time I finished grooming I thought my hand was going to fall off - no way I was going to be able to saddle her.

I'm -hoping- K cleans my stalls today since she had a 1/2 day... If she sees this... GO CLEAN THEM!! <3 It's a warm 31 degrees today and hoping that means, frozen ground and no mud for Echo to get too dirty. If she's not a nightmare I'll saddle her tonight and lunge.

On another note... I didn't get paid right today so I had to cancel my farrier appointment for Dakota. In that process, I found out this woman farrier I've been using since August-ish is raising prices and she doesn't really listen the last 3 times she's trimmed Dakota barefoot about his angles. With that, I texted the guy I used 75% of the time last year who was SUPER slow at trimming, but did a great job with Dakota. And by slow - it took him 8 hours once int he summer for 10 horses and only Dakota had shoes! So he's coming Feb 1... until then I think I'll be riding Dakota but only at a walk - plenty to work on and I will lunge him trot and canter so he's still building muscle. 

2 comments:

  1. Eep get well soon and hope you get paid sharpish. Nothing worse than pay not arriving when you hope it will!
    Hope all goes well this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( SO sorry you fell, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete