June 2, 2013

KY Horses: Meet Puck

Puck is an old fashion, traditional Morgan gelding owned by the farm I'm boarding with. He's about 14 years old and is basically used for whoever needs a horse to ride.

The farm owner got him through the humane society. Though he never had to stay at the humane society, his previous owners were in process of taking him there. The HS called the barn owner and told her about Puck and she took him before he went there.

His past owners wanted him to go to a home where he would never be used in driving gain since be had been in a driving accident before they gave him up. 

I've been grooming him and am hopefully going to ride him a few times before my horses arrive... Probably later today!

Here are a few picture I took of him yesterday in the round pen.



4 comments:

  1. He's got quite the beefy Morgan neck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely got a super beefy meaty neck. I hope to work some of that extra layer off of him!

      Delete
  2. He looks super, hope you do get a spin & that you have great fun together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've rode old traditional morgan's before and I actually really enjoyed it, looking forward to riding him this week.

      Delete