February 5, 2014

Dear Kentucky

Dear Kentucky,

24 hours of amazing winter riding weather does not justify a week of pure shit weather. January 20th you gave us a sunny 50 degree day. The week after you gave us snow, wind and bitter temperatures. February 1st I was able to enjoy another sunny 62 degree day outside and not be stuck at work, rare for a Saturday. Because you were crap for 2 weeks prior, my outside ride on Dakota was limited to walking, slipping, sliding and sinking. You wrapped up our glimpse of spring by 6" of snow after a mini ice storm. Now yesterday a full force ice storm followed by more snow today. Thanks, I think enough is enough. Bring on March and normal temperatures. 

Dakota post ride on Saturday.
I left Michigan for many reasons, but it's crappy weather was a major factor. Go back north and leave Kentucky alone. This back and forth weather is not doing any of my allergies, sinuses, etc any favors. 

Sincerely, 
A very annoyed resident and her 2 horses.

PS while I was secluded away at home today with what I'm assuming was a lovely case of food poisoning (from my own cooking eek - no idea what was bad!) I sat home watching Netflix all day. Holly and the Tudors provided ample entertainment. Enjoy my special cat and ignore my TV playing The Tudors in the background...

4 comments:

  1. Eep, hope the weather clears up asap!
    When my place is finished, move to Lux & join the girls and I ;-)
    *knock-on-wood* we've had a mild winter so far - thankfully as last year winter was uber long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get me a job I'll be there in a heartbeat!

      Delete