Here goes my attempt at 30 things I've been lucky enough to do in my equestrian lifetime. Visit Lyssette's and Lauren's for a much better read! Their's are much more exciting with a lot more showing experiences :)
1. Get to ride. I started riding at 7.
2. Own my own horse. I got Dakota when I was 12.
3. Ride a horse in a parade.
4. Took on a project horse and resold to a good home.
5. Saved a horse from a kill buyer/pen.
6. Be the first person on a horses back.
7. Own two heart horses.
8. Have a heart horse that you don't own.
9. Win a blue ribbon in a horse show.
10. Have a horse lay down with me on it's back.
11. Crash and burn and get back on.
12. Go camping with your horse.
13. Trail ride at Cumberland Falls.
14. Go on a 15 mile trail ride.
15. Own a dressage saddle.
16. Own a stallion.
17. See Zenyatta in person!
18. Met my first horse racing hero, Point Given.
19. Met HOTY Havre de Grace.
20. Getting to go on farm calls with world class vets and actually be of assistance.
21. Met online horse friends.
22. Meet the Budweiser Clydesdales.
23. Working for Equibase. I may hate my job at times but when I step back and realize it's North American horse racing database it's pretty cool.
24. Go to Breyer Fest - this was way more exciting when I was 11.
25. Go to Kentucky Horse Park.
26. Gone to Churchill Downs among other race tracks.
27. Attended the Breeders' Cup (twice in 2002 and 2006).
28. Attended 2010 World Equestrian Games. Crossing fingers for 2018 too!
29. Attended Rolex Kentucky 3 Day Event.
30. Attended Richland Horse Trials @ Richland Horse Park.