September 29, 2012

One Week to Arrival

One more week to go!

Over the last week, rather than studying for a busy exam schedule, I've began thinking of barn names for Woven Web. I know they call her right now by her registered name. For me however, Woven Web is too much of a mouthful to use on a daily basis. 

The most obvious and first thing that came to mind was Charlotte from Charlotte's Web. I loved the book and movie as a kid so it seems fitting. But again, I feel like Charlotte is too much once again to be a barn name. I could shorten it to Char but I've been leaning more along the lines of Charlie. Yes Charlie is traditionally a boy name but you see it a lot now among girls. Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, her last name is Cavatica, which I like a lot but it seems to not be a popular choice when I offer it up to others for opinions. I could shorten Cavatica to Cava as well. 

If she was a gelding, I'd take the alternate meaning to 'Web' and make a barn name along the lines of Google or Webster but neither of those is very charming for a mare. 

Of course there's the option of picking a barn name not even relative to her registered name, which leaves me with another never ending internal debate in my brain. Every name I like, or have said "oh I want to use that name in the future" is for a gelding or stallion. I have a list of names for mares but they would all be registered names. 

So alas I'm still lost as to what I'm going to call my lovely mare when she arrives. I won't be making that final call until I meet her next Sunday and get to know her for a few days. If anyone has a creative idea I'm open to hearing it. Those who know me well, know my creative juices are limited.

Top Names
  • Charlie
  • Cava
In other news, I've gone through a lot of my unused tack, supplies, etc and I think I have both a schooling and show bridle that will fit and look great on her. I shockingly (not) also have enough 8qt and water buckets to allot her to have her own. Just a few things to purchase and I should have enough basics to get me going with her!

2 comments:

  1. I debate on whether or not to tell you this, but "evil bridesmaid's" daughter's name is Charlie.

    Anywho, I like Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure something will pop up when you meet her. When I got Tucker, I had a whole list of call names for him, and none of them fit. He ended up with Tucker because it fit him, but it didn't fit his registered name at all.

    ReplyDelete