April 28, 2015

Visiting Miss Echo (and Lexington)!

So I've been back from Lexington for two weeks - really late posting this! Lots of boring grown up stuff and working outside delaying me soooo... here it goes.


Echo!
Safe to say someone remembers me. She heard me talking upon arriving to the farm (where I also stayed with my friends) and perked the ears up and talked to me when I approached her stall. 

She's still a spaz. Since she's not on all the herbs and stuff she needed to be a sporthorse she's a lot more 'echo-y'. A new mare had arrived to farm a few days prior to me getting there and was put in stall and paddock next to Echo. They became fast friends before ever together in a field. Me trying to bring MareFace in for a bath without her friend also coming in? Disastrous.  We finally got her bathed, though it was more of a team effort than any bath ever warrants. 
Can't leave her friend...
She was bred last week so fingers crossed she checks in foal!

The trip was just what I needed. A reminder Lexington is where I belong and what I need to work towards (again). I have a sort of plan now of what I want to do, and what I need to do to get there. Just going to take some time but I need to be patient and just work at it all. 

1 comment:

  1. Keeping everything crossed for a Kentucky return *hugs*

    ReplyDelete