August 8, 2014

Post Trip Hangover

I haven't had an ounce of energy to type a post since coming home Tuesday evening so I apologize. I swear I cannot leave work for more than my normal 2 days off without coming back to a pile of things to do. Anyways.

It's not much of a secret at this point because I'm terrible at keeping secrets when it comes to my own life happenings. Another person's deep dark secrets never leave me but my own stuff... not so much. Anyways, I'm exploring the possibility of a job at a thoroughbred farm. The farm however, is in Louisiana. Nothing is certain yet but I'll update more as it progresses.

I headed to the airport Friday after work and arrived in Houston for my layover without problem. However, a cancelled connecting flight, airport food vouchers and a free night in a hotel I got to Louisiana on Saturday morning. 

As soon as I got there we got on the road to travel another 3 hours north to Shreveport / Louisiana Downs. The owners/trainer I was visiting had three horses in stakes races so it was a good chance to see Louisiana Downs. I'll say this, the track was very... small and quaint. Even the small tracks I've visited before have the tv screens in the in-field for you to watch the race unfold. Not there, you had to go high enough to see over the tote board and watch them run from there or go inside to watch on a small tv. Still exciting as always to watch races though and the gelding that's my favorite of theirs ran 2nd in his stakes race. 


Lion before running 2nd in his race.
Sunday I got the chance to go around and see the farm(s) and more of the area. There's the horse farm portion being built, cattle farm, training farm where yearlings and racehorses go and a golf course. 

Cottage & pond at the cattle farm.
Cow. Moo.
Sleepy filly!

I spent rest of my time getting to know the owners and helping out at the golf course which is getting ready to reopen after renovations. 

Home. Seeing a equine airline cheers me up after another close call of flight status changes.

2 comments:

  1. All the picturs you took made it look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fab shall keep everything crossed for you!
    So what I'm hearing is i should move up my plans to visit Rolex to sooner rather than later ;-P

    ReplyDelete